Ever wonder how to add gold foil textures to your brush lettering in Procreate? Who doesn’t love gorgeous gold foil art prints? They are all the rage on Etsy.
Gold Foil Prints
You can’t look for te perfect feminine quote without it done up in pretty gold foil. But how the heck can you do it digitally using the Procreate app on the iPad Pro? I am here to show you just how to add gold foil textures to brush lettering in Procreate.
Finding Gold Foil Textures
This post contains affiliate links marked with an asterisk (*) where I get a small commission for referring a product. I’m going to share gold foil textures you can find at Creative Market that are top-notch quality.
First off, you’re going to need really great gold foil backgrounds or texture files (preferably in .JPG file format) to use. Here are some that I recommend:
If you’re looking for free gold textures, this is the set I found in the video by Gold & Berry.
There are tons of great gold styles for Photoshop and Illustrator, but don’t buy those. Those aren’t what we’re looking for. We need flat JPG graphic files for this tutorial on how to add gold foil textures to brush lettering in Procreate.
Other Tools Needed for this Tutorial
- I’m using the iPad Pro 12.9″ (this tutorial is for iPad Pro and Procreate and won’t work with Photoshop or other tablets unless they run the Procreate app).
- Procreate App
- Colorado Brush Letters Procreate Brush Set by Holly Pixels
- Zip Tool App (the app I use to unzip files on my iPad Pro
- DropBox (optional to store your awesome textures)
How to Add Gold Foil Textures to Brush Lettering in Procreate
As always, I like to do a full video to help you see and understand the process. So take a looky and see if you can do it too.
Step by Step on How to Add Gold Foil Textures to Brush Lettering in Procreate
- Find a gold texture and then download it to your iPad. If you need to unzip, use the Zip Tool app that I mention in the video.
- Next, brush lettering your favorite quote on a new layer.
- Insert your gold texture file on a new layer and choose the Tool Icon > Insert > Insert Flat Image (locate your gold file).
- With the brush lettering layer selected, press down until the slide out menu appear and choose “Select”
- Now select the gold foil layer (one time – don’t press anything else).
- Choose the Select Icon from the top tools and hold it down. An options menu will appear at the bottom.
- Click on the parallel lines icon and your new brush lettering with gold texture will be on a new layer!
Like What You See?
If you’re like to see more brush lettering videos or tutorials using the Procreate app please leave me a comment below and let me know. I’d love to answer your questions and improve my tutorials if I miss a step for you!
Affiliate Links Disclosure
This post may contain affiliate links noted with an asterisk*, which means that if you click on one of the product links I’ve included, I’ll receive a small percentage of the sale should you purchase it.