If you’ve wanted to learn chalkboard lettering this post is for you! I’ll show you how to create chalkboard lettering with this Halloween Trick or Treat quote.
The super awesome people at VersaChalk sent me these supplies to create a cute Halloween project. Thank you, VersaChalk!
I love creating chalk art. It’s a been a while. I once did a 24 foot wall for a restaurant in St. Louis via chalk art. It took several back breaking days while I was up on scaffolding. So fun though!
For this project, I’m using:
- The VersaChalk Frameless Rustic Slate Chalkboard with Twine
- Set of 4 White Liquid Chalk Markers Bold from VersaChalk
- Generals Chalk Pencils * affiliate
How to Create Chalkboard Lettering
- This chalkboard slate is 12 x 8 inches which is really close to the size of my iPad Pro (12.9″) so I used it to sketch out my idea. The key is to figure out your design first.
- Then, I freehanded my design onto the slate using the Generals Chalk pencils until I was happy with the placement.
- Pump the Chalk Marker to get it started and begin going over your design.
- Clean up using water and a q-tip.
It’s really easy! You could also follow this method.
Watch How to Create Chalkboard Lettering for this Halloween Quote
Thank you, VersaChalk!
If you followed my Youtube video you can enter to win a pack of Chalkboard Markers – follow those instructions!
Affiliate Links Disclosure
Sign up for a 40% off Black Friday/Cyber Monday offer!