DPI and Resolution For Procreate | What is DPI and What Resolution Should I Use?
For this week’s video I’m tackling the most common question I see asked by Procreate users that don’t have a design background: What DPI should I use in Procreate? I’m actually going to show you what it means and give you some tech stuff here, but also what settings you should be considering without having to know too much else.
THIS IS KINDA AWESOME! GET A FREE PROCREATE BRUSH WHEN YOU JOIN THE LETTERING LIBRARY. LOOK FOR THE SIGN UP AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST!
Watch Our Video on DPI and Resolution For Procreate | What is DPI and What Resolution Should I Use?
General Rules to Follow for DPI in Procreate
- Work with the highest quality file you can
- Get the specs from your client first
- No lower than 300 DPI for printing
- 600 DPI allows you to scale up your digital image without loss of quality and reducing the DPI to 300
- Social Media, search in Google for current size dimensions and use 150 DPI
Want to learn more about how to letter with Procreate? I have a free course!
Affiliate Links Disclosure
This post may contain affiliate links noted with an asterisk*, which means that if you click on one of the product links I’ve included, I’ll receive a small percentage of the sale should you purchase it.