How to Cartoon Yourself in Procreate
In this tutorial, I’ll be teaching you how to cartoon yourself in Procreate. Even if you have no drawing skills you can take a photo and easily draw a cartoon-style look using the procreate app.
I saw this technique of drawing a cartoon of yourself on social media the other day and it quickly brought back memories of how we would pop art or cartoon ourselves in Photoshop, back in the 90s. Yeah, that’s showing my age, but what goes around comes back around. Almost always!
So I thought since I can’t draw a cartoon on my iPhone like the young kiddos do these days I’d show you how to do it in Procreate on your iPad. It’s super fun and you really don’t need any drawing talent whatsoever to do it!
Tools I Used in This Video
This is an older tutorial – tools I use now may be updated.
- iPad Pro Gen 3 12.9″
- Apple Pencil Gen 2
- Procreate (2018 – version is older – and screens may look different)
- Shutterstock for stock image
- Default Procreate Brushes: Studio Pen (Inking) and Soft Airbrush (Airbrush)
- My Creative Light Procreate Brushes: Stars and Sparkle
Watch How to Cartoon Yourself in Procreate
*Throwback Thursday Note: this is a post from 2018. We are re-promoting it. While Procreate has had updates over the years you should still be able to follow along and make this!
I start the actual tutorial at 03:10 if you want to skip over my explanation for the video, etc.
A few notes from your questions:
- No, I didn’t fill the skin. I leave the natural colors of the skin. You can fill the skin if you want.
- The link to the image is up above in the list.
Join the Vault for Freebies
Be sure to join our Vault and get access to free downloads and notifications about new products and tutorials here at Holly Pixels to help you grow your creative skills on the iPad. Sign up down below!