I Gave Myself a Mature Office Makeover It’s Pretty!
I decided that I need to give myself a mature office makeover. Just after Christmas I thought about wanting to finally update my office. Now that I was in a house, where my office didn’t have to be in my bedroom I could finally make it nice.
I posted on Instagram Stories asking if you wanted to see the process. And, I had an overwhelming response of yes.
I told myself I really only wanted to purchase wallpaper and maybe a few desk accessories, but I ended up adding on:
- an area rug
- some new frames
- and the mousepad
as things I didn’t really consider at first. But I’m glad I got them as I really do like how they helped finish things up nicely.
Peel + Stick Wallpaper
This stuff is for flat walls. I spent a lot of money on this and took a risk. My walls are textured. But I live in a rental home. This meant that I couldn’t paint a mural or change the wall colors.
The risk paid off, but I did have to purchase some flat black tacks at the hardware store to place at the top. A month later it’s still hanging! So yay me!
The Online Room Planner
I used SmartDraw to layout the room shown in the video. It is a free trial, so use it only when you’re ready!
Watch the Big Updated Office Reveal!
I admit I’m not that great at vlogging or making it more interesting. I did an okay job in the beginning and then I was just ready to be done!
List of Items
If I forget to include something, leave a comment below so I can add to it.
New Items for Remodel
- Wallpaper, Removable Peel + Stick – Amazon*: this was my most expensive purchase and my most riskiest. I couldn’t paint or do a mural since my home is a rental, so peel and stick was the only way to really change a wall.
- Area Rug – Ikea : I love how inexpensive their area rugs are. And, this was a last minute decision I loved.
- Lamps – Target: I got both lamps on clearance at my Target! The shades have a few bumps, but I’m okay with that. I couldn’t find them on their website.
- Candle Holder – Big Lots (candle inside is Target Dollar Spot): Sorry , no link (but purchased in January 2020 in my store).
- Small Letter Tray – Tuesday Morning: random purchase so no link (but purchased in January 2020 in my store).
- Mousepad – Etsy
- Hello Lovely Poster Print (had frame from Ikea) – Society 6 with my own art!
- 9 Square Frames – Amazon* (I printed my own art on card stock)
- Stools – Amazon* – I added casters to my other Ikea table which raised it too high for my office chair.
- Gold Clock – Ikea
- Basket and Hello Gold Signs – Hobby Lobby
- Enamel Pin Holder – My mom made it using an embroidery hoop and some fabric
What I Already Had
- Desk – Ikea
- Desk Drawers – Ikea
- Office Chair – Wayfair
- Vintage Chair – from a vintage shop in Belleville, Illinois
- Basket with Planners – I can’t remember where I got this!
- Pencil Cup Holder – I think it’s Nate Berkus from Target
- Black and White Letterboard – Home Goods (no link)
- Namaslay Letterboard – Home Goods (no link)
- Gold Sequin Arrow – I think Target Dollar Spot
- Bookcase – Ikea
- Bookcase Baskets – Ikea
- Filming Table – Ikea
- Casters for Filming Table – Ikea
All of my computer equipment and filming equipment can be found in the Vault.