Installing and Reviewing PaperLike Protector for iPad
Okay so I gave in! You told me about PaperLike and I went and found it and purchased it. Just so I could install and review it for you! Want to purchase a matte, paper feeling type of protector for your iPad Pro? Not sure which to buy? Let me share my experience with you.
Why The PaperLike
A few weeks ago I tested the Tech Armor matte protector and you can watch my thoughts here. One of the things that really bothered me was the loss of my beautiful retina screen. It left this grainy look to my screen that I wasn’t having.
I received comments on my YouTube video about PaperLike. So I found it online at paperlike.com and WHOA! It was $33.57! That’s a big jump in price from the Tech Armor version. But it did come with two protectors and they shipped free, worldwide. I think it took a little over a week to get to me. That’s not too bad.
Watch Me Install and Review the PaperLike Protector for iPad
My Overall Thoughts
- Much easier to install – I liked how they set up the stickers for helping you align it better than Tech Armor
- Overall it has a nicer feel to it than the Tech Armor version. I didn’t feel I was digging into it as much
- I did lose my retina screen. It is grainy just like the Tech Armor version I used.
- More expensive if you ask me. But it was a Kickstarter and I like supporting independent creators! $33.57 – purchase here.
WHY? Ugh. I really like the idea of a protector and it does make drawing a little less slippery. But I don’t know if the grainy look is a deal breaker for me.
I am going to use it for 30 days – or until the beginning of October. I’ll film again and give you my thoughts and let you know if I’m keeping it.
This video is NOT sponsored. I bought this protector with my own money. Often people send me things to review. But for me I try and only review things that I think would be helpful to you. I don’t not receive any affiliate income for talking about this or giving you their links.
Tools I Often Use in My Videos
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 1st Gen
- Apple Pencil
- Procreate App for iPad Pro
- GoodNotes App for iPad
- Apple Pencil Grip: http://amzn.to/2G61VgB * affiliate link
Holly McCaig is a 20 year veteran of the design world. With her mark being made in scrapbooking and photography, Holly now educates eager artists how to do lettering in procreate on the iPad Pro. She resides in Denver, Colorado with her two dogs, Lola and Daisy.